Why is this happening?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Why is this happening?

L1 Bithead

Hi,

Why is this happening? Policy recognises the request, but it doesn't work. User is trying to up stream audio over port 8305

Capture.JPG

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10

L2 Linker

Do you have Any AV or threat scanning enabled on this rule? Also are you doing Decryption?  Have you checked for URL filtering as well?

Some traffic does not handling being scanned, or decrypted well, also I recomend checking the URL filtering logs, just to be sure. 

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@MarkCadman,

Hitting the magnifying glass on the left of those logs will give you some additional insight; but check your logs as @Kaje mentioned and see if you can find anything that would be stopping the traffic. Without some additional information age_out responses aren't that informative. 

Agree with @BPryBPry, we need to more information from the logs. Biggest question from me is are you seeing returned traffic. Most of the time "aged-out" means you're not getting anything back.

Hi. No, we're not doing any of that.

L1 Bithead

Here is more detail. Not sure it helps though. I coulnd't upload the photo for some reason https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3Jizok7n9kIWENkcjg3clExV2s/view?usp=sharing

Can you run a capture either on the firewall or the end client, the fact you have 1 sent packet and 5 received is weird, if both the source and destination are fully accessible for the TCP stream.

As you have Wifi in the rule name I would possible believe that inside device has connectivity issues and the destination is doing retransmits, thats why we're seeing more packets on the recieved end.

Can you get a wireshark capture? or run one on the firewall?

Hi,

I have uploaded the packet captures from the PA to here https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3Jizok7n9kIUmRfMzczY2JqcnM

Thanks.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Hi Mark,

I've looked at your PCAPs and detailed log view.

The traffic is being sourced from VLAN 403 but return traffic (the SYN ACK) is being sent down to VLAN 400 (so down a different sub interface) You can see this by checking the 802.1Q tag in the PCAP. I suspect that this is being dropped by a device between the firewall and the server or the server due to this.

vlans.png

Its worth checking your policy based forwarding rule if you have any and/or routing.

hope this helps,

Ben

Thanks for this. I am investigating a way round this.

• 10 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!