WildFire Capacity Issues - Confirmed by Palo Alto SE

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

WildFire Capacity Issues - Confirmed by Palo Alto SE

L4 Transporter

Apparently Palo Alto have confirmed that there are times when WildFire is simply too busy to serve all update requests (we've been seeing frequent failures).

Can anyone from Palo Alto comment on what the capacity situation is, what is being done to resolve it, and when the upgrades are expected to be in place by please?

It's a fantastic service but it's frustrating to keep getting emails from our PAN telling us that an update failed - we are paying for it at the end of the day :smileygrin:

3 REPLIES 3

L2 Linker

Easy solution; lower the price for the WF-500 appliance from the idiotic high price it has to day, to a reasonable price. Then cutsomers will buy the appliance, wildfire cloud get less work - and everyone's happy

Honestly, I can live with capacity issue if it's communicated properly and a fix is in site.

What's pretty much unacceptable is a week of back and forth with support with seemingly random suggestions with me repeatedly asking for it to be escalated to Palo Alto only to be told after a week "Oh they've said it's capacity issues" - which was the first thing I asked.

Another configuration option I would like to see is the ability to push the Wildfire updates to have any minute as the start time instead of forcing them on the exact quarter hour.  We use this scheduling offsets for the other updates to prevent conflicts.  I'm sure that everyone hitting at precisely the same time is at least part of the issue.

Steve Puluka BSEET - IP Architect - DQE Communications (Metro Ethernet/ISP)
ACE PanOS 6; ACE PanOS 7; ASE 3.0; PSE 7.0 Foundations & Associate in Platform; Cyber Security; Data Center
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!