WildFire EU connection timeouts

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

WildFire EU connection timeouts

L0 Member

Some of the customers are experiencing following errors with PAN devices (updates OS 8.x) that use WildFire EU (about 5-10 per day at random times):

Event: 'wildfire-conn-failed'

Severity: 'medium'

Description: 'Failed to perform task multiple times resulting in connection timeout with WildFire Cloud eu.wildfire.paloaltonetworks.com'

If they change WildFire to Global those errors do not appear again. Does anyone have idea how to solve it or what is going on with EU WildFire?

Regards,

Vladimir Vucinic

6 REPLIES 6

L1 Bithead

I've been receiving this message for about the past week when connecting to the Global site:

eventid: wildfire-conn-failed

opaque: Failed to perform task resulting in connection timeout with WildFire Cloud panos.wildfire.paloaltonetworks.com

Also receiving:

eventid: wildfire-conn-failed

opaque: Failed to establish or resume a secure session

I've opened a ticket with PA but no solution yet.

Hi,

Did you get a reply from PA?

Hi,

At that time, yes, and the issue was fixed. For some time there was no problems and then it starts again, but just occasionally.

Regards,

Vladimir 

Yes, TelecoRed, the problem was on their end after they insisted everything was fine. It's started up again 2/27/20. When this happens I usually switch to eu.wildfire.paloaltonetworks.com which temporarily stops the messages. Not sure why they have so much trouble keeping this service up and available.

Hi,

We see the same problem here.

It started in February 2020.

Br,

J

Hello Rhnac,

have you fixed it? I am facing the same problem

I have system messages:

Wildfire

Informational

Wildfire-conn-failed

" Failed to establish or resume a secure session" 

Regards

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!