Wireless and PA200 homelab access

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Wireless and PA200 homelab access

L1 Bithead

Hi

Iam trying to find a good solution to my home and homelab network.

i put together a drawing of the current layout.

How can i access mye homelab 10.0.0.0/24 via my wireless 192.168.1.0/24 when i am home?

and how can i access my home 192.168.1.0/24 and homelab 10.0.0.0/24 from vpn client when i am not home ?

do i need a subinterface (the "PA" box is the PA200) or how to i go about this (vlan tagging/trunk ?)

Cheers for any input on the issue.

Untitled 1.jpg

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L1 Bithead

so i can choose from these alternatives:

Layer 3

Layer 3 palo alto.jpg

And there is the subinterface option.

Palo Alto SubInterfaces.jpg

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L6 Presenter

If you are at home you don't need VPN in order to access your local resources. If you are connecting from the internet then you most likely will be landed in the separate zone behind the palo (e,g GP ZONE, just a name really). Then based on the security policies you will permit your traffic to the 10.0.0.0/24 and 192.168.1.0/24. Make sure your routing is correct at Layer 3 boundaries as well as palo permit the traffic between the zones

L7 Applicator
If the cisco managed switch is a L3-switch: In this case you need to have a route for 10.0.0.0/24 with the cisco managed switch as next hop
If the cisco managed switch is a L2-switch: your topology will probably not work

Why don't you connect your cisco managed switch directly with your PA? On the PA you will need two subinterfaces: one for your homenetwork and one for your lab. This port will be connected to a trunk port on the cisco switch where you will connect an access port to the unmanaged switch for your homenetwork. And in case it is possible (locations of the AP's, enough free ports) you could also connect the AP's to the cisco switch to everything is connected more direct and not in this daisy chain mode.

L1 Bithead

so i can choose from these alternatives:

Layer 3

Layer 3 palo alto.jpg

And there is the subinterface option.

Palo Alto SubInterfaces.jpg

Exactly. Both of these alternatives look good 😉

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!