Zone mapping in SDWAN

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Zone mapping in SDWAN

L2 Linker

I find this document below hard to follow or understand. Can someone explain it to me in simpler terms? For example, suppose I have the following zones already: Trust, Untrust, VPN. What would this map to in SDWAN? What is zone-internal? Is that Trust? Where exactly is that used by SDWAN?

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/sd-wan/1-0/sd-wan-admin/set-up-sd-wan/set-up-panorama-and-firewall...

2 REPLIES 2

L6 Presenter

Your question is kinda hard to follow.  What are you trying to understand?  The link you posted merely defines the zones you'd need to create in a Palo SD-WAN environment.  Those zones based on their name have a specific use case based upon their name.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@BBartik,

The question you are asking is directly addressed in the article under Existing Zones. The only thing you are mapping to SD-WANs predefined zones is for routing purposes, not for actual use within the security policies themselves. Which zone gets mapped to what predefined SD-WAN zone depends on your topography of your current deployment. 

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!