Can password expiry warning from AD be shown as pop-up via GlobalProtect?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Can password expiry warning from AD be shown as pop-up via GlobalProtect?

L0 Member

Hi, 

is it possible for end-users to get pop-up of password expiry warning from AD via GlobalProtect? and how to set up that?

in current setup of GlobalProtect, I have;

- on-demand method

- LDAP Authentication

and users daily connect GlobalProtect by on-demand method and access to internal resources. I am now trying to newly set up GPO in AD to enable password expiry length like 14 days but end users must receive the warnings to keep changing it regularly.  

Though this article said that pre-logon method is the best practice because it enables users to change their password even if it is expired, I need to enable this warning pop-up with the current method which is on-demand. 

Can anybody help me here please?

2 REPLIES 2

L3 Networker

Have you tried setting the password expiry warning in the Authentication Profile that is being used in GP?

This option is found within your GP portal agent configuration:

SteveCantwell_0-1628190871077.png  and

SteveCantwell_1-1628190935116.png

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!