Clearing GlobalProtect Cookies

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Clearing GlobalProtect Cookies

L1 Bithead

Is there any simple way to clear GlobalProtect authentication cookies on an endpoint other than uninstalling the client, rebooting and reinstalling?

For troubleshooting some connection issues, I need to show what happens when the cookie doesn't exist. However, the cookies have a lifetime of 7 days so I have to uninstall/reinstall the application to get the behaviour that happens when no cookie is available.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@catalan 

For Windows, user related cookies are stored in:

C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Local\Palo Alto Networks\GlobalProtect\

filenames have this format:

PanPUAC_17c2deb6776739fbe2e40a988c921b8.dat

For pre-logon cookies (not tied to a particular user, but to a machine), cookies can be found in:

C:\Program Files\Palo Alto Networks\GlobalProtect\

PanPPAC_811c13bcd3d719c3cdf84fac1ceab29.dat

Regards

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@catalan 

For Windows, user related cookies are stored in:

C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Local\Palo Alto Networks\GlobalProtect\

PanPUAC_17c2deb6776739fbe2e40a988c921b8.dat

For pre-logon cookies (not tied to a particular user, but to a machine), cookies can be found in:

C:\Program Files\Palo Alto Networks\GlobalProtect\

PanPPAC_811c13bcd3d719c3cdf84fac1ceab29.dat

Regards

MP

L2 Linker

This procedure doesn't work for me for some reason. What's interesting is the GP client displays the "connection failed, no network connectivity message" after the .dat files are deleted and the device rebooted, but the agent still establishes a GP connection/tunnel.  Seems buggy.  GP version 5.2.4 and 5.2.7.

@ice-quake 

I will recommend GP 5.2.8.

Regards

Mahesh

MP

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!