Connect to (2) different PAN environments at the same time

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Connect to (2) different PAN environments at the same time

L0 Member

Hello all,

Does Global Protect allow for making two concurrent connections to different environments at the same time?  We have (2) pairs of PAN's in different data centers (on different subnets) and have a need for connecting to both environments at the same time.  In the past we have used OpenVPN prior to migrating to PAN's.  Is this possible with Global Protect?

Thanks,

A

2 REPLIES 2

L7 Applicator

The simple answer to your question is “No”.

the not so simple answer is as follows,,,

No, but yes, but no...   i would have thought your best option would have been a tunnel between the 2 sites and route accordingly....

globalprotect client will not allow multiple connections at the same time but you could connect to site 1 with GP and split tunnel traffic destined for that direction and then run a native ipsec client to the other site using x auth and route as needed...

or...

GP to site 1 and x auth ipsec to site 2 through the GP tunnel...  i have not tried either of these  options but I’m sure it’s doable...   

Thanks for the reply, that's kind of what we were thinking but worth it to check and see.  We do have a BOVPN tunnel between locations so maybe we will tweak the VPN to hop over that.

A.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!