Global Protect Gateway Client IP Pool Grayed Out

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Global Protect Gateway Client IP Pool Grayed Out

L2 Linker

I am attempting to configure a global IP Pool for my gateway, however, the Client IP Pool tab is always grayed out. I followed the documentation and I have tunnel mode enabled with a tunnel interface assigned, yet the tab remains grayed out. Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L7 Applicator

The only time i have seen this greyed out is when a range is already set in the Agent\Client Settings\IP Pools

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L7 Applicator

The only time i have seen this greyed out is when a range is already set in the Agent\Client Settings\IP Pools

I suspected that may be the case, but wasn't 100% sure. I do already have an IP pool configured under the Client Settings. I will work on recreating the gateway without these settings to see if that works. Thank you for the suggestion.

Edit: Can confirm this is correct. The Client IP Pool tab is available when there are no Client Settings configured.

When I attempt to clear the Agent\Client Settings\IP Pools the dialog box won't let me save (hit OK) and the message is "require at least on entry."

Turns out you can't modify the existing gateway config to use the "Client IP Pool" - i.e. if you already have a config for Agent\Client Settings\IP Pools you'll need to create a new gateway in order to use the "global" client IP pool.  This needs to be configured first and then the "Client Settings."

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!