GlobalProtect Upgrade Settings

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GlobalProtect Upgrade Settings

L1 Bithead

Hello Team!

My organization runs several different windows systems, e.g. 7/8/10/11. Some versions of GP do not work on older type 8 systems, the upgrade passes correctly but GP stops working on that system and unsupported versions.
https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/compatibility-matrix/globalprotect/where-can-i-install-the-globalp...
Is there any way to specify which system will be able to upgrade to which versions? I know there is an option to configure based on OS or users, but users work on different machines and the system is limited to Windows and WindowsUWP only.
https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000CllpCAC

Do you have any ideas?

All the best!

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@mateuszg,

In a situation like this, you're better off managing the client off of the portal itself through another software deployment options (SCCM as an example). This way you can target specific collections however you want, without the limitations of what the firewall presents. This isn't the best solution honestly, and I've seen SCCM and similar solutions cause a few issues during the upgrade process.

If you choose to use the above method, I'd honestly split it across portals if you can get away with it. Have one portal for clients that can actually still receive updates directly through GlobalProtect (supported devices), and then have another one for everything else. You can direct the endpoints to the proper portal through Group Policy, but this allows you to actually keep using "normal" upgrade methods for the supported endpoints.

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!