GP connect before logon .

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GP connect before logon .

L0 Member

Has anyone configured connect before logon .Would need steps to configure this .I have a few queries as well .Do we need pre-logon user agent config for this or no ? The registry values found in this document are not exact to what i see on windows .Any help is appreciated .

I have added this registery

PanGPS.exe -registerplap 

Rest options are not the same as in doc .And after configuring i am not getting the okta page .

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/globalprotect/10-0/globalprotect-admin/globalprotect-apps/deploy-a...

2 REPLIES 2

L4 Transporter

I participated in the 5.2 beta, and did some testing with a few users, but we didn't deploy it into production. I created simple batch file and registry file, so my test users could install it easily. You could see if the settings work for you, and probably configure something similar in SCCM or your software installation tool if you want.

Batch File

wmic product where name="GlobalProtect" call uninstall /nointeractive

msiexec.exe /i GlobalProtect64-5.2.0.msi /quiet PORTAL="portal1.yourcompany.com" CANCONTINUEIFPORTALCERTINVALID="no" CANCHANGEPORAL="no"

"C:\Program Files\Palo Alto Networks\GlobalProtect\PanGPS.exe" -registerplap

reg import PaloCBL.reg

Registry File (PaloCBL.reg)

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Palo Alto Networks\GlobalProtect\CBL]
"Portal1"="portal1.yourcompany.com"
"Portal2"="portal2.somecompany.com"
"AlwaysShowPortal"="yes"

OK do you see network sign screen post installation of 5.2 Agent and creating all required registry settings ?

Is this something Palo Alto  Agent going to take care of ?

SD-WAN | Cloud Networking | PCNSE | ICSI CNSS | MCNA | | CCNP | CCSA | SPSP | SPSX | F5-101 |
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!