GPVPN on laptop only works with phone hotspot and not home wifi

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GPVPN on laptop only works with phone hotspot and not home wifi

L1 Bithead

Hi,

I seem to have this weird problem where the home wifi does not work for gpvpn. The problems are also random in the sense.

1. Sometimes it connects, but I dont get the company splash screen after connection. Without that screen, remote access does not really work and I need to disconnect.

2. The gpvpn screen shows no network connectivity despite internet working fine otherwise.

3. Phone hotspot always works fine.

4. Switching from hotspot to homewifi post connection works some of the times, but is not guaranteed. 

I have changed the home ISP as well as mobile operator over the past 2 months and the behavior is consistent (wifi wasn't working before and isn't now, while hotspot always works).

P.S. I'm connecting to my company network and dont have much control on settings at their end. 

Any help would be highly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

Can you try when plugging in with a patch cable to rule out WiFi? Also are there any policies on your home router/firewall that would prevent a connection?

Regards,

By patch cable if you mean ethernet, then I can try that. Anything specific I need to look for in terms of wifi settings? 

L1 Bithead

I tried using ethernet off the same router and it worked perfectly. So guess it must be something in the wifi settings that my company policies don't like 

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!