hip collection components helps in

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

hip collection components helps in

L3 Networker

Hello Bro,

I have many security rules that based on the hip profiles.

recently, I found that I have few people that their windows host id has changed. but what's so wiered is that some of them has same machine id!!!! which cause accessing resources issues.even when i check the registery, i found they are same.

have any of you met with something like that ?

is ther any way to stop this machine id from being changed due to any changeble parameter? how come to have about "so far" 3 machiness with the same machine id submitted by the GP agent"?

TIA

MR
1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L3 Networker

Hello,

I kept on testing the issue, and I could reach to the reagistery path "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Cryptography" whicher which i could find the MachinGuid, and edit it to avoid any repetion "which is originally my issue is the repeteion and after restart global now sending the new ID"

Any one has any comment on this? I hope any one tell me how this Machine GUID is formed, and what about my manual edit in the registery key?

MR

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

L3 Networker

Hello,

I kept on testing the issue, and I could reach to the reagistery path "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Cryptography" whicher which i could find the MachinGuid, and edit it to avoid any repetion "which is originally my issue is the repeteion and after restart global now sending the new ID"

Any one has any comment on this? I hope any one tell me how this Machine GUID is formed, and what about my manual edit in the registery key?

MR
  • 1 accepted solution
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!