Host-ID Information is not captured for some by GP Agent

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Host-ID Information is not captured for some by GP Agent

L3 Networker

Hi Team,

In Global Protect logs, for some of the MAC and Windows machine Host-ID information is not captured by the Agent what will be the possible cause for this and how to resolve this . 

Snap for Host ID not captured for some and captured for some for the same machine itself:

SahulH_0-1615293902039.png

Please let us know if you have thoughts on this below mentioned queries. Awaiting for your response !!

Best Regards,

Sahul Hameed

4 REPLIES 4

L7 Applicator

I am seeing a similar issue on my win 10 devices but only for those running clients below 5.x.

but even with the ones that are not displayed in the GP logs the Host-ID is still being sent by the HIP so i have no idea why it is not displayed.

MickBall_0-1615299950895.jpeg

are you running an older version of the client?

Hi @Mick_Ball ,

Thanks for your response. GP client version activate on Firewall is above 5.x.x  version.

Also Customer doesn't have a valid subscription to check the HIP Logs to find the Host ID for the missed Host Id information from the Global Protect Logs. Is there any other things causing this. Awaiting for your response !!

Best Regards,

Sahul Hameed 

Hi Team,

Any update on this reported query. I am waiting for your updates. 

Best Regards,

Sahul Hameed

not from me, perhaps you should log a call with tech support.

• 4 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!