Local network unable reconnect when disconnect from GP

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Local network unable reconnect when disconnect from GP

L0 Member

Hi all expert,

Would like to know why whenever I disconnect my GlobalProtect and my local network (wifi or Ethernet) will not auto reconnect.

Is there anything need to configure on client or remote gateway?

Annotation 2020-05-28 170537.png

My GP version is 5.0.4-16

Thanks in advance.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L4 Transporter

We had this issue last fall when using the "Enforce GlobalProtect for Network Access" setting in the portal agent configuration using version 5.0.4.  The user would disconnect, and was unable to reconnect unless they disabled the GP agent or rebeooted.  Packet capture seemed to indicate that DHCP was blocked.  It resolved for us when we upgraded to version 5.0.5.  I would suggest upgrading to that, or to the preferred version of the client (currently 5.0.9) which can be found here:  https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Customer-Resources/Support-PAN-OS-Software-Release-Guidance/ta-...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

We had this issue last fall when using the "Enforce GlobalProtect for Network Access" setting in the portal agent configuration using version 5.0.4.  The user would disconnect, and was unable to reconnect unless they disabled the GP agent or rebeooted.  Packet capture seemed to indicate that DHCP was blocked.  It resolved for us when we upgraded to version 5.0.5.  I would suggest upgrading to that, or to the preferred version of the client (currently 5.0.9) which can be found here:  https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Customer-Resources/Support-PAN-OS-Software-Release-Guidance/ta-...

L4 Transporter

One additional caveat I found while talking w/ my coworker was that we traced the issue to a combination of GP version 5.0.4 and our Wireshark installations, which included npcap version 0.9x with legacy loopback support enabled.  If you cannot upgrade GP to a newer version, you might see if the Wireshark/npcap issue applies.  You can uninstall npcap, and re-install Wireshark without selecting the legacy loopback support.

Hi Owen,

Thanks for the help, after the simple upgrade to 5.1.1, the issues resolve immediately,

once again, thanks for the help to resolve this big annoying issue

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!