Question about HIP, plist check wildcard

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Question about HIP, plist check wildcard

L1 Bithead

Hello all,

I was wondering if the value of my made plist can have wildcard.
I have currently made one that checks the plist "com.apple.softwareupdate" to find the OS version, and wanted the key value to be, as an example "13.2*" or even "13*".

I know there is an already made one that checks for OS version by paloalto, however I wanna input this to the Portals configuration, since I dont want people with a version lower than 10.7 as an example, to even get an ip and just be denied access.

If there however is another way to do this I would appreciate that aswell.

I hope this is the right place to ask this, if not could you please tell me where I am kind a new to this.

Thanks for your time and have a good day.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L1 Bithead

I don't think you can use a wildcard.  See the knowledgebase article below.  "Since we don't do a regular expression match for HIP OS, we cannot use asterisk as HIP OS match."

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000boJ3CAI 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I need to clarify something, currently I am not putting these on the portal, however setting them as HIP objects/profiles to see if the hit matches. If i type out the entire OS version, the HIP object/profile gets a hit, however when I dont, the  HIP object/profile doesn't

The custom check goes through as shown in this picture:

pic2.PNG

However the HIP object and profile I made does not seem to get my device.

HIP object:

pic1.PNG

So as far as I can tell, the HIP information is gathered, however the HIP object is not checked as getting a hit. Thus it would not recognize my device as part of the OS version " 13.* " I have also just tried " 13* " and that did not work either.

L1 Bithead

This is still a problem, and might continue to be since noone is replying. I will be closing this in one weeks time and accepting this as an answer.

If I do ever find what I am looking for I will be posting it.

L1 Bithead

I don't think you can use a wildcard.  See the knowledgebase article below.  "Since we don't do a regular expression match for HIP OS, we cannot use asterisk as HIP OS match."

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000boJ3CAI 

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!