Spilt tunnel is not working in macbooks when it connects global vpn.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Spilt tunnel is not working in macbooks when it connects global vpn.

Hi Team,

one of our customers has configured spit tunnel with include routes (doesn’t configured domain and application)

issue was for windows user working as expected but for MAC user DNS not resolving ( Global produced state was connected ) 

Action Taken from our side :

++ We suggested update the global product version ( from 5.2.9 to 5.2.12)

++ Reinstalled global product with all extensions

++ confirmed split tunnel working as expected

++ Modied the configuration as per blow steps

1. split tunnel option bot network and DNS (windows only)= Yes

2.incloud routes and include domain and application

3.uppend local search dns to tunnel dns suffix (mac only ) = no 

after above configuration windows user also not able to resolve dns 

Thanks in advance....

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

While I am sure the customer has reasons for configuring split tunnel, I highly recommend against it as you lose visibility as well as compliance.

Regards,

L6 Presenter

My recollection is that split-tunnels are not currently working in the Mac GP client, that there is a known limitation for this in the current GP releases. Unforutnately, it looks like the PA release notes server is currently down, just giving me errors back trying to pull the release notes.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hi @sujithGovindaraj ,

I remember split-tunneling working fine on macOS with older GP clients, but split DNS did not.  All DNS requests went through the tunnel.  GP 5.2 now supports split DNS.  https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/globalprotect/5-2/globalprotect-app-new-features/new-features-rele...

You may want to confirm on your GP client whether the issue you are encountering is split tunneling or split DNS.

Thanks,

Tom

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!