user is getting an incorrect certificate when trying to login to GlobalProtect

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

user is getting an incorrect certificate when trying to login to GlobalProtect

L1 Bithead

I have a user with a Windows 10 laptop who is getting a certificate error when trying to login to globalprotect. No one else is having this problem. The message is "The certificate CN name mismatch. The certificate is not issued to <our FQDN for the VPN>"

When they click the button to view the certificate, it is not even the certificate that we are using on the VPN. On the details tab it has the correct DNS name for the vpn but the issuer is Lightspeed Systems Relay whereas we are using a Digicert certificate on the vpn.

Bizarre. 

2 REPLIES 2

It sounds like that user is either behind a captive portal or a device doing TLS/SSL Decryption.  A quick google for "Lightspeed Systems Captive Portal" and "Lightspeed Systems SSL Decryption" show that is a product that can do both.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@ghalbedel,

Lightspeed is almost exclusively utilized by schools and unless a district did something really dumb, should only be present on education issued devices. I would guess that this user is working on an educational system where the lightspeed suite isn't meant to be disabled and is almost always password protected. 

I'd ask the user if this is a personally owed device or if it was given to them for use by an educational institution or something of that manner. 

• 2 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!