Add Vm 100 palo alto machin (dr site) to a Panorama to the same device group and template (main Site)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Add Vm 100 palo alto machin (dr site) to a Panorama to the same device group and template (main Site)

L1 Bithead

hey

so i have main site and dr site and they are connected in L2

i have in the main site 2 physical pa3220 that there are in cluster (active, passive) and they connected to Panorama and they work perfect

now i need to add the Palo Vm 100 machine that is in the dr site but i want that in the end every change that i will do in the main site

like add policy , add object, add Nat, add route and etc. will replicate to the dr site cause it "cold dr site"

how can i do it?

my problem here cause is 2 different model of machine and the interface are different 

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Thank you for posting question @DinBarzilay 

Since you have written you are facing an issue with interfaces, I will focus on Panorama Templates.

One way I can think of to go around this issue is to create 2 hierarchy of Templates. For example templates based on model of the Firewall:

template_pa3220

template_vm100

Then in each template you configure only interfaces that are exactly matching model of the Firewall. You can also add any other configuration that falls under Network/Device and is specific to particular model of Firewall.

then define one Template that has all other settings. For example:

template_global-configuration

In this template you can configure everything but interfaces.

Then group Templates in Template Stack by placing template with interface specific configuration on the top. For example:

template_pa3220
template-stack_pa3220

template_vm100
template-stack-vm100

and associate each of the firewall to particular Template Stack.

Since interface configuration is likely one time task and you can re-use interface specific Template for new Firewalls, you will not have to re-visit this Template anymore. All the configurations that are meant to be pushed to all Firewalls will be done in this Template: template_global-configuration. By placing template that configures interfaces on the top in template stack, will have highest preference.

Below are a few screens for reference:

PavelK_0-1630965780944.pngPavelK_1-1630965893065.png

PavelK_2-1630966004721.png

If you design Templates in this modular way, you will not lock yourself into an issue when you add yet another model of Firewall. There are possibly other ways around it. Please let me know whether this would work for you or not.

When it comes to Device Group, I am not aware of any configuration that falls under Device Group (Policies and Objects) and has dependencies on Firewall model. Also, all configuration under Device Group (Policies and Objects) except of a few setting has dependency on Templates.

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!