LACP and Virtual-Wire

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

LACP and Virtual-Wire

L0 Member

Hi All, 

I'm planning to configure the PAN 850 with LACP aggregation to Cisco NEXUS 9K with a transparent mode between the NEXUS 

switch and router.

Is it possible to configure the LACP group interface with the interface towards router as one virtual-wire?

If possible, how we can do that. I already tried, however the LACP interfaces is is always "Suspended"

3 REPLIES 3

L1 Bithead

I would also like to know the answer for that question.

Paloalto says its possible, but my LACP status is suspended.

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/pan-os/10-0/pan-os-admin/networking/configure-interfaces/virtual-w...

L4 Transporter

Five or so years ago we used Virtual Wire in-between our 5ks and Palo Alto firewalls. To complicate matters, we were also using Virtual Wire in-between Nexus VPCs. In this configuration we had traffic issues any time we performed manual failovers or experienced hardware outages on the Palo Alto or the Nexus infrastructure.  Granted this was some time ago and was 7.x code so many things have changed.

This being said we are now doing full LACP L3 (regular port channels) with the Palo Alto doing core routing and have no issues (PAN OS 10.1.4) with HA failovers.  These settings may or may not apply to Virtual Wire, but In the L3 configuration you need to make sure you have LACP configured and in Fast Failover.

mlinsemier_0-1644000974653.png

On the Nexus side you will want do do the following:

Port Channel:

interface port-channelxx

no lacp suspend-individual

Ports in Port Channel:

Interface ethernetx/x

lacp rate fast

Hope this helps,

Matt

L1 Bithead

Actually im using Dell Swtiches S5248F-ON with OS10.

We are using VLT  which is similiar to VPC.

But still no luck on aggregated virtual wire ports. 

Does that virtual wire with aggregated ports even works ?

• 3 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!