Cannot retrieve contents of MineMeld Output Processor

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Cannot retrieve contents of MineMeld Output Processor

L1 Bithead

Guys, I'm new to Minemeld (AutoFocus version). I've setup my first Output node. Very simple, just using the prototype that tracks Azure IPs. I'm going to use it in a Palo rule to allow specific traffic outbound to Azure IPs. Below is the scenario:

-When I CLI into the firewall and test retrieving the list, it gives me the generic message "HTTP response code said error".

-If I open a new browser (Firefox) and try to retrive it, I receive "Unauthorized". 

-If I've authenticated into the webgui in one tab, I can actually retrieve the contents of the feed in another browser tab.

From what I understand, the Output node shouldn't be authentication dependant. I can't figure out where that would even be enabled. Spent a siginificant time on the support earlier today with no resulution. Any experience with this issue or feature?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

L7 Applicator

Hi @kashanakins,

is this on standalone MineMeld or MineMeld on AF ?

99% you have enabled authentication on the feeds (good thing to do). You have 2 options then:

1 - create a feed user under admin, add a tag and assign the same tag to the output node feed. On PAN-OS you should then use username/password of the admin for Basic Authentication for the EDL. Details here: 

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/MineMeld-Discussions/Minemeld-Feed-Password-OR-api-security/m-p...

2 - add the "anonymous" tag to the output node

Solution #1 is waaay better for security.

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!