community version of MineMeld.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

community version of MineMeld.

L0 Member

I am new to MineMeld time and the first day.   I have only download and install MineMeld on a VM and configured it successfully. I don't know what AutoFocus is, so I don't think I am using it. so I am using the community version of MindMeld. 

In following this article "Connecting PAN-O. S To MineMeld Using External Dynamic Lists" I am using the product to create External Dynamic Lists to track the IPs and URLs used by Microsoft Office365.

I have a few questions, I am unclear about. 

1. After creating the feed User at the top of the page there is a message, it reads
    "Warning! authentication for output feeds is disabled."
    - Is this to enabling authentication on feeds, if this is enabled?
    -I was unable to find a way to enable the feature under the menu items.
    - Do I need to resolve this, and if so, How do I fix this warning?

2. step 2, there is a task to configured authentication on the MineMeld generated feeds; you need to upload the Certificate of the CA of AutoFocus/MineMeld SSL certificate. Then create a Certificate Profile in PAN-OS. A few other articles on your site does not mention this step.
    - Do I need this SSL cert from GoDaddy for this all to work properly?  A few other articles on your site does not mention this step.

In summary, I have followed all the steps in the article, and everything looks to be configured correctly. However, my policies are not reading the Dynamic List if I take one of the IP address out of the List and configure it in the policy as a standalone it works. So I think that my feed user is not allowed access to read the configured feeds., and it may have something to do with the Warning! authentication for output feeds is disabled."

I am grateful for some help with this,  WR, William

0 REPLIES 0
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!