Create a miner to mine from Autofocus MineMeld

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Create a miner to mine from Autofocus MineMeld

L2 Linker

Hi, with the release of PANOS 8.0, Autofocus will have a minemeld build in.

May I know if we can have a on premise minemeld to fetch the feeds from the Autofocus Minemeld?

I tried to grab the minemeld feeds but it shows me unauthorized access.

Do we need to have a api keys for this? Would there be plugin for this?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

L7 Applicator

Hi @yctan,

this will be improved in the next release of the on-prem MineMeld, but you can access the feeds from MineMeld on Autofocus via a STIX/TAXII Miner.

The unauthorized access is returned because on the MineMeld for Autofocus access to feeds is authenticated. You should create users under Admins > Feeds and give them the access tags. Please check this thread for details: https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/MineMeld-Discussions/Minemeld-Feed-Password-OR-api-security/m-p...

L2 Linker

Thanks Imori.

As I am exploring the Autofocus minemeld, i can get the feed to work when set to annoymous. When set with a password, it seems not working even though i used 1 of the prototype that allows me to key in username and password. Im using the openphish prototype that allows me to key in username and password. It still fails.

I am also trying to explore to use the STIX/TAXII. I have created the output to TAXII in Autofocus minemeld. How can i receive this feed from local minemeld? There is no reference link for me to point to.

Thanks

Hi @yctan,

I will work on a document about this.

Luigi

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!