Custom Miner commit error : Unknown Node Class : minemeld.ft.azure.AzureChinaJSON in Azure-China-Min

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Custom Miner commit error : Unknown Node Class : minemeld.ft.azure.AzureChinaJSON in Azure-China-Min

L1 Bithead

Hello,

I am trying to create a custom miner for Azure China feed. I have successfully tested it in one of the servers, but it doesn't let me commit when I create a Miner.

Already applied the solution from https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/MineMeld-Discussions/how-to-write-a-simple-miner-documentation/...

Below are the steps I followed:

1. Edit azure.py file and added a new class - AzureChinaJSON which parses the IPs from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=57062

2. Edited the azure.yml file to add prototype - ChinacloudIPsWithServiceTags, referencing class: minemeld.ft.azure.AzureChinaJSON

3. Updated the nodes.json file inside /minemeld/engine/current/ to find its entrypoint:

"minemeld.ft.azure.AzureChinaJSON": {
"class": "minemeld.ft.azure:AzureChinaJSON"
},

4. Ran "/<path>/minemeld/engine/current/bin/pip install -e /<path>/minemeld/engine/core"

Although, I don't understand what this command does.

5. In GUI, when I look for prototype, it looks good with the correct Class called. I can create a Miner with that, but the error pops up.

Again, this works on a test server. The only difference is this one doesn't have MineMeld installed in default /core directory. 

Does it make any difference? 

I have attached the three files I updated.

Thank you in advance:)

1 REPLY 1

L1 Bithead

Solved:

The file nodes.json needs to be updated at /opt/minemeld/engine/core folder as well. Not sure why, but it doesn't work until I restart the system.

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!