Domain whitelist appears to be case sensitive, is it?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Domain whitelist appears to be case sensitive, is it?

L2 Linker

I created a domain whitelist called wlDomains, a node based on stdlib.listDomainGeneric and added the whitelist to my domain aggregator.  I then added the indicator "aol.com" (lowercase, without the quotes).

When I checked the feed for the output node though, it still listed "AOL.COM".  I had to add an all uppercase entry to wlDomains in order for AOL.COM to be removed.

Is this expected?

Thanks,

Mike

2 REPLIES 2

L7 Applicator

Hi @MichaelPDean,

you are right, this should be improved. But the best place is improving the aggregator to support case insensitive matches. I have created and ER to track this: https://github.com/PaloAltoNetworks/minemeld-core/issues/229

luigi

Coming back to this, I see the option was closed back in Sep, 2017, but I find that the DNS white list is still case sensitive (I white listed aol.com, the domain feed has AOL.COM, still in the feed as a suspicious domain).

Is it going to remain this way?

Thank you.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!