EBL size limit - sorting output feed

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

EBL size limit - sorting output feed

L1 Bithead

I'm using a minemeld server to generate an external dynamic list for a PA-5220 runing version 8.1.4.  The dynamic URL list exceeds the 50,000 entry limit.

I've seen other posts recommending to use URL parameters to limit the list to the first 50,000 and that the list is sorted by age by default. (see https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/MineMeld-Discussions/Confused-over-EBL-size-limit/td-p/104038)

The URL parameters work fine, but in my experience, the output list is sorted by alpha-numeric/name, not age.  The article at https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/MineMeld-Articles/Parameters-for-the-output-feeds/ta-p/146170 under the "Additional parameters" section shows how the default format sorting is by name rather than date.

I'm using the built-in stdlib.feedHCGreen prototype.

Do I need to create a custom prototype that will sort by age rather than name?

1 REPLY 1

L7 Applicator

Hi @dhenke,

no, the default is by last update. It could be that you see the entries ordered in alphabetical order because the original list was listing them in alphabetical order. The original order will be reflected in the output feed only in some subsets. But the entry 0 will always be the most recent entry, and so on..

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!