Error Checking Credentials - Bad Request

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Error Checking Credentials - Bad Request

L3 Networker

We are no longer able to log into the Web GUI after upgrading from v0.9.16 to v0.9.24, it shows the error "Error Checking Credentials - Bad Request"

- the username and password are a copy and paste from before so the credentials are correct

- default username and password do not work neither

- a reboot didn't help

- all services are running

ngtlogin@minemeld:~$ sudo -u minemeld /opt/minemeld/engine/current/bin/supervisorctl -c /opt/minemeld/local/supervisor/config/supervisord.conf status
minemeld-engine                  RUNNING   pid 1223, uptime 0:36:08
minemeld-traced                  RUNNING   pid 1246, uptime 0:36:04
minemeld-web                     RUNNING   pid 1225, uptime 0:36:08
3 REPLIES 3

L7 Applicator

Hi @LarsAtConsigas,

nothing suspicious in the logs, it seems wrong credentials.

Please could you try setting the password using the procedure here ? https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/MineMeld-Articles/Changing-UI-admin-password/ta-p/72044

Did you modify the file /opt/minemeld/local/wsgi.yml in the past ? 

Thanks,

luigi

Hi Luigi,

it turned out to be an issue with the autofill function of my password manager (Password Depot). If even a single field is filled in by the password manager then its not working. I was always typing in the password manually again to make sure its correct but because the username was still in there from the Password Manager is was not working. This was working perfectly fine before the upgrade but anyway I'm ok with typing it in manually.

The file /opt/minemeld/local/wsgi.yml doesn't exist on my server?!

Cheers

Lars

Hi @LarsAtConsigas,

that's interesting, from 0.9.16 to 0.9.24 nothing changed on the login page HTML. 

About the file, my fault: I specified the wrong path. The correct path is /opt/minemeld/local/config/wsgi.yml.

Thanks,

Luigi

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!