How to configure MineMeld to forward Logs to RSA Security Analytics

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How to configure MineMeld to forward Logs to RSA Security Analytics

L1 Bithead

I want to forward the output of output nodes in minemeld to SIEM, I want to see the output indicators in Security Analytics to create rules and when an indicator match generate an alert, actually I have configured PaloAlto Firrewalls with Dynamic List but I would like to send output indicators to SIEM

3 REPLIES 3

L7 Applicator

Hi @vhgambit,

you could try 2 methods:

Hi Imori thank a lot for your quick response.

In fact I already install CEF extension, and I can create a node with this output

CLASS mmcef.node.Output

PROTOTYPE cef.testCEF

STATE started

# INDICATORS 938

But this node doesn´t not give me a list or other information, I just can see all LOGS of this output in the upper right corner.

What´s next from here, I didn´t find information about that; how can I forward this output to RSA or Where does this logs are stored to see if I can get them and send to RSA

Greetings

Hi @vhgambit,

you should customize the cef.testCEF prototype to specify the host, port and protocol to communicate with your RSA SIEM.

You can do this by:

- click on CONFIG

- click on the hamburger icon in the bottom right corner

- search for  testCEF and click on it

- click on NEW (not CLONE)

- modify the config and specify host, port and protocol of the SIEM

- click OK

- create a new output node with the new prototype

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!