MineMeld and Office 365

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

MineMeld and Office 365

L1 Bithead

I've used MineMeld in the past and I've been very happy with all of it's functions.  Recently, I've started a new job and I've recommended MineMeld as a solution to get O365 IP's into the firewall for writing policy.  Microsoft announced on April 2nd that it will be retiring the HTML/XML/RSS feed.  I've included the announcement and link below.  With Microsoft switching the way that they provide their URL list, are there plans to accommodate this inside of MineMeld?  

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Office-365-Blog/Announcing-Office-365-endpoint-categories-and...

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L7 Applicator

Hi @GregWasHere,

yes, we are aware of the change. We have just coded the Miners for the new API. They are only available in the development version of MineMeld but soon they will be available in the official release.

Thanks for the heads up!

luigi

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

L7 Applicator

Hi @GregWasHere,

yes, we are aware of the change. We have just coded the Miners for the new API. They are only available in the development version of MineMeld but soon they will be available in the official release.

Thanks for the heads up!

luigi

Hi luigi,

Thanks for the reply and thank you!

Have the Miners for the new API been made available yet? If not, when are they expected to be available?  Please provide the latest status. Thanks.

Hi @alterioc,

the new miners were commited to the master branch in May. So they're available for consumption since 0.9.46

Thank you @xhoms!  I found https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/MineMeld-Discussions/Stable-MineMeld-version-and-new-Office-365... which explains what I need to do. I appreciate the quick reply.

I'm hoping someone can help me figure out if I have a problem or not ....I upgraded minemeld using ansible and all seems ok except when I ssh to the device I always get the "Initializing minemeld. It could take some minutes, please wait ....".  I have to do ctl-c to escape.  The /var/log/minemeld-auto-update.log shows the following. I am able to get into the UI and I am able to a run-now on the miners successfully but the log shows no update since yesterday.  On the Nodes screen everything in the ADD/REM/AO, the UPDATES and WITHDRAWS columns are 0.  There are non-zero values in the INDICATORS column. Do I have an issue with the upgrade, or not? Is there something more I need to do so the log updates and I don't get the "Initializing minemeld" line upon ssh to the device?

2018-07-18 06:40:49,562 INFO:0.9.11 Package minemeld-engine current version set to 0.9.48.post1
2018-07-18 06:40:49,564 INFO:0.9.11 Package minemeld-webui current version set to 0.9.48
2018-07-18 06:40:49,565 INFO:0.9.11 Package minemeld-prototypes current version set to 0.9.48
* Starting: minemeld
...done.

Thank you.

Hi @xhoms and @lmori

Thanks for support this big change of Microsoft.

After upgrading Minemeld, there is new prototypes or does it change existing ones?

Is there any guide/words on how to migrate?

Regards,

@xhoms, I noticed in the official write up at the below link it states that it requires version 9.50.  

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/MineMeld-Articles/How-to-Safely-Enable-access-to-Office-365-usi...

But in your description below it shows they are available for consumption since 0.9.46.  Is there a way to add these new miners, using .9.46?  or do you suggest upgrading to 9.50

Re: MineMeld and Office 365

Hi @alterioc,

the new miners were commited to the master branch in May. So they're available for consumption since 0.9.46

Hi @Sec101,

miners for the new API were first released with MineMeld 0.9.46. But Microsoft made some changes in the API after that. The current Microsoft API is implemented in MineMeld 0.9.50

• 1 accepted solution
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!