Minemeld AWS user data error

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Minemeld AWS user data error

L3 Networker

hi all,

I spun up a linux server in AES and followed the instruction to import user data from here https://minemeld-dist.s3.amazonaws.com/0_9/minemeld-cloud-init-0.9.0rc2.b64

according to the instruction, the user data was encoded in base 64, but it doesnt seem to work. see attachment.

7 REPLIES 7

L7 Applicator

Hi bartoq,

you should copy & paste the contents of the file in the user-data field:

Screen Shot 2016-02-21 at 23.00.22.png

Let me know if it works for you.

luigi

Thanks, managed to pass the user data error. how do I know if Minemeld has been installed. I waited to 15 minutes and nothing indicated that Minemeld has been succesfully downloaded and installed.

is there any log file that I can check ? 

Hi bartoq,

have you tried accessing it on https or via SSH ?

Yes, I can SSH and HTTPS to the instance. Ive got the default apache2 SSL page.

Hi bartoq,

Apache2 should not be there. Please, could you make sure you have selected official Ubuntu 14.04 LTS AMI ?

Screen Shot 2016-02-22 at 09.03.41.png

all good now, I rebuilt the server and added the user data during the creation of the instance and working as expected. it has to be added during the creation of an instance. Thanks for the help.

Hi bartoq,

thanks for trying the procedure with no docs 🙂

luigi

• 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!