MineMeld docker based on centos / rhel?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

MineMeld docker based on centos / rhel?

L2 Linker

Hello!

I have been looking for a docker image that is based on Centos / Rhel and not Ubuntu, but I cannot find any.

Is there any image beeing worked on?

Also, the Docker image runs root inside, which I cannot seem to change as I get the following errors:

runsv nginx: fatal: unable to open supervise/lock: file does not exist
runsv minemeld: fatal: unable to open supervise/lock: file does not exist
runsv cron: fatal: unable to open supervise/lock: file does not exist
runsv cron: fatal: unable to open supervise/lock: file does not exist
runsv syslog-forwarder: fatal: unable to open supervise/lock: file does not exist
runsv rsyslog: fatal: unable to open supervise/lock: file does not exist
runsv redis: fatal: unable to open supervise/lock: file does not exist
runsv collectd: fatal: unable to open supervise/lock: file does not exist
runsv minemeld: fatal: unable to open supervise/lock: file does not exist
runsv nginx: fatal: unable to open supervise/lock: file does not exist
runsv rabbitmq: fatal: unable to open supervise/lock: file does not exist

It is not possible for us to run root inside the image.

In addition to the above I have tried to install minemeld from source in an attempt to create a centos based docker image but it fails during the build phase, _ares.c is missing in minemeld/packages/gdns/

----

building 'minemeld.packages.gdns._ares' extension
gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -grecord-gcc-switches -m64 -mtune=generic -D_GNU_SOURCE -fPIC -fwrapv -DNDEBUG -O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -grecord-gcc-switches -m64 -mtune=generic -D_GNU_SOURCE -fPIC -fwrapv -fPIC -DHAVE_NETDB_H= -I/usr/include/python2.7 -c minemeld/packages/gdns/_ares.c -o build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.7/minemeld/packages/gdns/_ares.o
gcc: error: minemeld/packages/gdns/_ares.c: No such file or directory
gcc: fatal error: no input files
compilation terminated.
error: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 4

I found the same problem reported here:

https://github.com/PaloAltoNetworks/minemeld-core/issues/255

But that issue is stale...

3 REPLIES 3

L2 Linker

I solved the building the ares.c issue by installing python-dev, then it worked flawlessly 🙂

Hi @Philip_Wiberg,

any reason you are looking for a CentOS based docker image?

luigi

Hello Luigi,

That was the only permitted OS in our docker environment (actually RHEL in prod).

But as it stands now I don't have more time to try to get the image working so I have skipped using docker and will go for a virtual server.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!