minemeld-engine FATAL Exited too quickly (process log may have details)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

minemeld-engine FATAL Exited too quickly (process log may have details)

L1 Bithead

MINEMELD 0.9.44

2018-01-30T13:55:26 (4857)mgmtbus.checkpoint_graph INFO: checkpoint_graph called, checking current state
2018-01-30T13:55:26 (4857)mgmtbus.checkpoint_graph INFO: graph status None, checkpoint_graph ignored
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/minemeld/engine/current/bin/mm-run", line 11, in <module>
sys.exit(main())
File "/opt/minemeld/engine/0.9.44/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/minemeld/run/launcher.py", line 284, in main
mbusmaster.wait_for_chassis(timeout=10)
File "/opt/minemeld/engine/0.9.44/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/minemeld/mgmtbus.py", line 141, in wait_for_chassis
raise RuntimeError('Timeout waiting for chassis')
RuntimeError: Timeout waiting for chassis

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

@IrekSw,

MineMeld depends on a in-memory database called "Redis". In your system the "redis-server" service seems to be down.

Try:

sudo service redis-server stop
sudo service redis-server start

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

L5 Sessionator

@IrekSw,

it might be a resources issue. How many node does your graph contains? How many CPU cores have to attached to the VM?

Hi,

I have 2 CPU, i can't login via www to minemeld and check numbers of nodes, there is another way to check the number of nodes?

@IrekSw: The configuration should be at /opt/minemeld/local/config . You can grab the number of nodes from there.

If I count well, I have 99 nodes.

@IrekSw: 99 nodes might be too much for a dual core system. I suggest you to add additional cores. MineMeld will take are of distributing the nodes between cores.

Is it possible to delete some mods without access via www?

@IrekSw,

yes. Just edit /opt/minemeld/config/running-config.yml with your favorite YAML editor. Once it is ready, copy it over /opt/minemeld/config/committed-config.yml and then restart the engine.

Now minemeld-engin start but i can't login via www, i change password from the shell and still i have internal server error

I'd try a service restart:

sudo service minemeld restart

If, after that, service is not running then I'd take a look to the web logs (/opt/minemeld/log/minemeld-web.log)

[2018-02-01 14:30:51 CET] [32343] [ERROR] Exception on /login [POST]
  File "/opt/minemeld/engine/0.9.44/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 1988, in wsgi_app
    response = self.full_dispatch_request()
  File "/opt/minemeld/engine/0.9.44/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 1634, in full_dispatch_request
    self.try_trigger_before_first_request_functions()
  File "/opt/minemeld/engine/0.9.44/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 1660, in try_trigger_before_first_request_functions
    func()
  File "/opt/minemeld/engine/0.9.44/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/minemeld/flask/configapi.py", line 130, in _redlocked
    result = f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/opt/minemeld/engine/0.9.44/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/minemeld/flask/configapi.py", line 574, in _init_config
    _config_info(lock=False)
  File "/opt/minemeld/engine/0.9.44/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/minemeld/flask/configapi.py", line 130, in _redlocked
    result = f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/opt/minemeld/engine/0.9.44/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/minemeld/flask/configapi.py", line 312, in _config_info
    version = SR.hget(REDIS_KEY_CONFIG, 'version')
  File "/opt/minemeld/engine/0.9.44/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/redis/client.py", line 1857, in hget
    return self.execute_command('HGET', name, key)
  File "/opt/minemeld/engine/0.9.44/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/redis/client.py", line 578, in execute_command
    connection.send_command(*args)
  File "/opt/minemeld/engine/0.9.44/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/redis/connection.py", line 563, in send_command
    self.send_packed_command(self.pack_command(*args))
  File "/opt/minemeld/engine/0.9.44/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/redis/connection.py", line 538, in send_packed_command
    self.connect()
  File "/opt/minemeld/engine/0.9.44/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/redis/connection.py", line 442, in connect
    raise ConnectionError(self._error_message(e))
ConnectionError: Error 111 connecting to 127.0.0.1:6379. Connection refused.
[2018-02-01 14:30:51 CET] [32343] [DEBUG] redis connection pool: in use: 0 available: 1

@IrekSw,

MineMeld depends on a in-memory database called "Redis". In your system the "redis-server" service seems to be down.

Try:

sudo service redis-server stop
sudo service redis-server start

Thank you very much for quick answers and effective help !!!! Regards

Hi, 

After to add some new nodes, I've get ENGINE FATAL ERROR and i don't know how to resolve this error. I mean, I've deleted some nodes from running conf and copied it to commited file and nothing. The error is: 

[2019-12-09 12:27:01 UTC] [2641] [ERROR] Error retrieving childen of 0
File "/opt/minemeld/engine/core/minemeld/flask/supervisorapi.py", line 97, in service_status
ps = psutil.Process(pid=p['pid'])
File "/opt/minemeld/engine/current/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/psutil/__init__.py", line 338, in __init__
self._init(pid)
File "/opt/minemeld/engine/current/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/psutil/__init__.py", line 378, in _init
raise NoSuchProcess(pid, None, msg)
NoSuchProcess: psutil.NoSuchProcess no process found with pid 0

Please, help with this to keep working with Minemeld, because it's not the first time I reinstall the instance to keep working this this platform. 

Thanks

• 1 accepted solution
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!