Minemeld engine stopped - error starting engine

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Minemeld engine stopped - error starting engine

L4 Transporter

I would like to create ipv4 output based on the aws ec2 and route 53 miners. I cloned miners, aggregator and output from prototypes. When I hit commit nothing happens. I can see the processes stopped under System. If I hit restart for the engine, I get Internal Server Error. I already tried by rebooting the server and tried the same. I have attached engine.log file.

9 REPLIES 9

L7 Applicator

Hi @Sly_Cooper,

looking at the engine logs everything looks good but I don't see the route53 and EC2 Miners. Would you mind uploading the API logs as well ? (minemeld-web.log)

Thanks,

luigi

@lmori - Whenever I clone the nodes, I see them in the config. Nothing happens post hitting commit. If i hit reload, then it loads the previously commit config and remove thes newly added nodes. How do I make sure the commit is working? Also the services are stopped. If I hit restart then I get internal server error. How do I get the engine started?

API Logs attached.

Could you check if /var/run/minemeld/minemeld.sock exists ?

$ ls -la /var/run/minemeld/minemeld.sock

@lmori - Sorry for the late response. Yes the file exists.

Hi @Sly_Cooper,

could you attache the output of the following commands ?

$ grep SUPERVISOR_URL /opt/minemeld/local/config/api/10-defaults.yml
$ ls -la /var/run/minemeld/minemeld.sock

@lmori Here you go.

ubuntu@minemeld:~$ grep SUPERVISOR_URL /opt/minemeld/local/config/api/10-defaults.yml
SUPERVISOR_URL: "unix:///var/run/minemeld/minemeld.sock"
ubuntu@minemeld:~$ ls -la /var/run/minemeld/minemeld.sock
srwx------ 1 minemeld minemeld 0 Apr  7 08:51 /var/run/minemeld/minemeld.sock

Hi @Sly_Cooper,

sorry for the late reply. So it seems that the MineMeld API daemon is not able to open the unix socket that is use to communicate with the MineMeld service supervisord instance. Please, could you attach the config files from /opt/minemeld/local/config/api/* ?

Thanks,

luigi

@lmori - Requested files attached.

Hi @Sly_Cooper,

found the problem, could you open /opt/minemeld/local/config/api/20-local.yml and remove the following line:

SUPERVISOR_URL: "unix:///opt/minemeld/local/supervisor/run/minemeld.sock"

Once done just do this:

sudo -u minemeld mm-supervisorctl restart minemeld-web
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!