Minemeld High Availability

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Minemeld High Availability

L1 Bithead

MineMeld needs to be deployed in a high availability model, so if one goes down firewall will not start blocking allowed traffic from the rule base. What is the recommendation here?

14 REPLIES 14

L7 Applicator

Current suggestion for HA is having 2 MM instances running behind a load balancer. Config sync should be still done manually.

Luigi

If we don't want to put ti behind a LB, what about having two MM instances, and having PAN pulling both feeds seperatly then incorporating both fo the feeds into the rule base? Do you see any issues with that?

Hi @lukjdye,

Great Idea ! I haven't tested this yet, but I think it should work.

Luigi

Using two MM instances and two EDLs for the same IP lists adds overhead to the firewall and could hit the EDL IP number limit for your hardware.

If an EDL source URL is unreachable, PAN OS just keeps using the old EDL values, so I would not be overly concerned if you can endure it 24-48 hours.

I would rather like to be warned when MM goes down, so I suggest configuring something like Nagios to ping and check https.

And I would like to be notified if a Miner fails updating a list N times: right now it seems the alert is only shown in the web UI.

Good point @irt-unimi. The double EDL solution would be viable only for small EDLs, like O365. 

Is this still the reccomendation?

Yes, but we are planning for something more advanced for the next major.

Thanks! any rough ETA on the next major release?

Just chekcing in to see if you had a target date for this.

Thanks!

L0 Member

Hi All,

I have 2 minemeld install on redhat 7.6 and I need to auto sync data between 2 server. I try to setting schedule for backup data via rsync to backup path /opt/minemeld/local/ with user permission but It's not work. I think user doesn't have write permission for minemeld/local/ directory. What is the permission using for backup data via rsync.

Best Regards.

I'm curious to see about this feature as well. Any new updates to report on?

Thank you!

+1

hi @lmori is there any update about this feature?

It's difficult to justify deploying this product in production without support for high availability.  Is this someone's side project, or a bonafide Palo Alto product?

• 14 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!