MineMeld - Invalid character for PaloAlto Import and List Length

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

MineMeld - Invalid character for PaloAlto Import and List Length

L0 Member

Hi All,

Two questions,

One:

A domain list we are trying to use has the following entry "streamillimité.com"

As a test I manually added the list to the Palo UTM via a Custom URL Category and ran into the error  "Invalid characters found in file".

I am wondering if MineMeld can remove characters before generating the list, for use via a EDL?

Two:

The list we are using MineMeld to generate is now over 55000 lines, Information I have found indicate that the Palo UTM has a hard limit for domain EDL's of 50000

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/documentation/71/pan-os/pan-os/policy/external-dynamic-list.html

URL and domain—A maximum of 50,000 URLs and 50,000 domains are supported on each platform, with no limits enforced on the number of entries per list.

If there is a hard limit for a list, how do we work around the 50000 limit?

1 REPLY 1

L5 Sessionator

@DatacomNetadmin,

for the second part of your question you can check the discussion https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/MineMeld-Discussions/Can-Processor-nodes-put-IPv4-addresses-in-... that introduces the idea of using "input filters" to generate multiple output nodes out of the same feed based on attribute criteria (i.e. confidence level)

This way you can feed the Palo Alto Networks Next Generation Firewalls [I guess this is what you were meaning by "Palo UTM" 😉 ] with the important indicators.

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!