Minemeld on CentOS

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Minemeld on CentOS

L4 Transporter

I have seen a few older threads referencing minemeld on CentOS using ansible or docker etc, Does anyone have it running on CentOS natively without the use of other 3rd party tools? or an up to date walkthrough? The Ubuntu 14.04 setup is quick, simple, and just works but since there are no packagse (is this still the case?) I don't want to spend hours wrestling it onto a CentOS box if there is a quick easy way now

TIA!

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L7 Applicator

Hi @hshawn,

currently there 3 ways of installing MM on CentOS:

- manual installation (not documented)

- Ansible

- docker

You can just use Ansible and delete it after the installation.

Any reason you need to use CentOS?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

L7 Applicator

Hi @hshawn,

currently there 3 ways of installing MM on CentOS:

- manual installation (not documented)

- Ansible

- docker

You can just use Ansible and delete it after the installation.

Any reason you need to use CentOS?

Thanks @lmori I think I am going to shoot for the Ansilble route. CentOS is simply our standard for any Linux deployments.

While INstallaing Minemeld in Ansible ( RHEL 7.5 ).

got this error:      request to https //bower.herokuapp.com/packages/angular-route failed with 502

Manually I've installed 

1. npm install -g bower even though still the issue same.

Please help me how to mitigate this.

The JSON syntax of the file is in correct. I just posed in this today.

Hi @NagaPrasad1987,

please check https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/MineMeld-Discussions/MineMeld-install-error-bower-install/m-p/2...

We applied a workaround and installation via Ansible should be working again.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!