Minemeld on RHEL7.9 web ui not coming up

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Minemeld on RHEL7.9 web ui not coming up

L1 Bithead

Due to our internal support requirements, I am trying to get minemeld working on a RHEL7.9 machine.  The installing of the application seems to be working, the services are running, but I can't get to the webUI at all.  I am not even seeing the server responding to the requests.  Any Assistance would be helpful.  

Steps to complete the installation:

Installation of required packages

sudo yum install -y wget git gcc python-devel libffi-devel openssl-devel zlib-dev sqlite-devel bzip2-devel

Install and setup pip and ansible

wget https://bootstrap.pypa.io/get-pip.py

sudo -H python get-pip.py

sudo -H pip install ansible

Download the application code

sudo git clone https://github.com/PaloAltoNetworks/minemeld-ansible.git

cd minemeld-ansible

Run the local ansible services installation

sudo ansible-playbook -K -i 127.0.0.1, local.yml

Installation should complete without errors (if there is an error, ansible logs give you a good indication what went wrong)

PLAY RECAP ***************************************************************************************

127.0.0.1                  : ok=83   changed=30   unreachable=0    failed=0    skipped=4    rescued=0    ignored=0

Add users to minemeld group

sudo usermod -a -G minemeld root

sudo usermod -a -G minemeld <your user> # add your user to minemeld group, useful for development

Check Service Status

sudo -u minemeld /opt/minemeld/engine/current/bin/supervisorctl -c /opt/minemeld/supervisor/config/supervisord.conf status

4 Services should run (if not, check the logs)

minemeld-engine                  RUNNING   pid 26418, uptime 0:43:26

minemeld-supervisord-listener    RUNNING   pid 26417, uptime 0:43:26

minemeld-traced                  RUNNING   pid 26419, uptime 0:43:26

minemeld-web                     RUNNING   pid 26420, uptime 0:43:26

NOTE: Mimecast-web service FATAL issue:

sudo cp /usr/lib64/python2.7/lib-dynload/_sqlite3.so /usr/local/lib/python2.7/sqlite3/CE

0 REPLIES 0
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!