Prototype from custom extension not showing in GUI

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Prototype from custom extension not showing in GUI

L0 Member

Hello,

First: nice work! Nice tool 🙂

I've created my own extension for a new miner (to mine Bluecoat Local Database with a specific format)

I've followed the youtubeminer tutorial and achieved to:

- package my extension (wheel)

- install it on minemeld manually (I cannot do it through git)

But my custom prototype does not show in the WebUI.

I find it under:

/opt/minemeld/engine/0.9.62/lib/python2.7/site-packages/<my extension name>/prototypes/<my package name>.yml

I've compared with the youtubeminer extension (installed through wheel) and I find the same corresponding files, etc

I've reviewed 100x times both extensions (entry points, class, etc) and I cannot found a difference...

I've also tried to copy the .yml file directly under /opt/minemeld/local/prototypes/ => I see the prototype in the WebUI but I've an error message when commiting a new node (COMMIT FAILED: Class <my extension name>.Miner in <node name>-1565193793618 not safe to load)

/PS: I'm using a docker instance ( jtschichold/minemeld:latest)

I need your help to figure out what happens 😐

I can send you my package in PM

Thank you and have a nice day!

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L0 Member

Hello,

I found the problem (I think it is a bug)

I had the "validators" package in my requirements.txt. I removed it and all is working fine now

Even if I've seen in the logs the package were successully installed 😐

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

L0 Member

Hello,

I found the problem (I think it is a bug)

I had the "validators" package in my requirements.txt. I removed it and all is working fine now

Even if I've seen in the logs the package were successully installed 😐

• 1 accepted solution
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!