Prototype not found on every update

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Prototype not found on every update

L1 Bithead

Hi,

Every time Minemeld auto-update ( I don't know why this is automatic and if it is recommended). We have a custom miner with a prototype created manually and every time Minemeld updates seems to generate a new folder like "0.9.48" on /opt/minemeld/prototypes/ with only the originals .yml not the custom one so obviously is missing.

My solution is to copy the custom.yml from last version for example "0.9.46" to "0.9.48" and after engine restart it works again.

So the question is: Is this normal to "auto-update" and recommended? And why is not copying my custom.yml? It is not productive every time it is updated that stops working and I have to make the copy of the file.

Email received: SYSTEM ALERT : medium : EDL(ITSA_IPblocklist) Unable to fetch external dynamic list. HTTP response code said error Using old copy for refresh.: 

minemeld-engine log: 2018-06-13T07:25:12 (23000)config.resolve_prototypes ERROR: Error loading prototype itsa.IP: Unable to load prototype itsa.IP:  not found

Thanks

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L7 Applicator

Hi @aitorms!

auto-update is recommended. The right way to add local custom prototypes is placing them inside the /opt/minemeld/local/prototypes directory. Contents of the /opt/minemeld/local subdirectories are preserved across updates.

Just copy your custom.yml in that directory and restart the engine. It will survive updates.

Thanks,

luigi

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L7 Applicator

Hi @aitorms!

auto-update is recommended. The right way to add local custom prototypes is placing them inside the /opt/minemeld/local/prototypes directory. Contents of the /opt/minemeld/local subdirectories are preserved across updates.

Just copy your custom.yml in that directory and restart the engine. It will survive updates.

Thanks,

luigi

File custom.yml pasted and engine restarted, although the folder was empty. I guess it's normal.

Thanks @lmori

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!