Wrong IP calculation after Whitelisting on MineMeld

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Wrong IP calculation after Whitelisting on MineMeld

L0 Member

Hi, 

I have installed MineMeld  and it works fine. Before creating our configuration I wanted to test something on Whitelisting as it is going to help on what we are aiming to do with MineMeld.  I hope the below finding is a configuration mistake or something i have missed and not an issue in MineMeld.  

Simple when i whitelist two IP from a subnet /24 or any subnet the output misses IPs 

i whitelisted as an example 181.215.39.10 && 181.215.39.24 . any two+ IP will trigger the below issue in any subnet .

As you can see it has taken  10 out and 24 but has not included 11 - 23 wich is an issue. 

181.215.39.0-181.215.39.9
181.215.39.25-181.215.39.255

Can you please confirm this behaviour .

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L7 Applicator
3 REPLIES 3

L7 Applicator

Thanks @StamL, this has been fixed with PR #297: https://github.com/PaloAltoNetworks/minemeld-core/pull/297

Thank you @lmori for your prompt response and fix. I have installed via ansible in CentOS 7 - to share the good experience  had to amend the CentOS-7-post.yml file due to missing some packages , worked as treat nice work :-). 

ON that, do i have to resinstall to get the update can you please advice ( i have no data yet so thats no issue) .

Thank you 

Stam

Imori, thank you so much for this fix!

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!