List of network asddress translations

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

List of network asddress translations

L1 Bithead

How do I get a detailed list of all NAT/PATs in the firewall. From what I can find nothing shows all the translatoins. I need to see an internal private IP translated to an external public IP, one for one.

5 REPLIES 5

L6 Presenter

You can go to the Policies->NAT, at the bottom click the "PDF/CSV" page and it will spit out a CSV of all the displayed NAT rules (filtered using the terms in the search box at the top if you entered values there). The CSV will contain columns for the source IP/Zone and translated source/destination type/IP/options. Note 1: The address (both source and destination) will be the value entered in the config... so that may be an IP address, or it may be the address object name, if an object name was used in the config. You may have to convert the value. Note 2: Pay attention to the translation option "bi-directional: yes" which means that that rule automatically creates a reciprocal rule with the source/translation values reversed.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hi @mccoyb ,

If you run the "show session all" command you will see the the NATed IP addresses for all of your sessions.

67137512     ldap           ACTIVE  FLOW  NS   192.168.55.218[62453]/trust-L3/17  (10.66.22.55[17114])

vsys1                                          10.66.22.243[389]/dmz-L3  (10.66.22.243[389])

This example was taken from this document -> https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClsVCAS

1. The top line is the source IP address.
  2. The bottom line is the destination IP address.
  3. The left IP address is the pre-NAT IP address.
  4. The right IP is the post-NAT IP address.

In this example, 192.168.55.218 is NATed to 10.66.22.55.  (It is a lab NGFW.) So, you can see all of the current NAT translations on the NGFW equivalent to the Cisco "show ip nat translations" or "show xlate".

You can use filters as explained in the document to show only the traffic you want.

Thanks,

Tom

PS  You can also enable additional columns in the Monitor tab.  Please see this post and scroll down to the pictures.  https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/general-topics/nat-sessions/td-p/50186

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

L1 Bithead

Thanks for the reponse. I saw this in my research but since all flows are included I guess I didn't see the tree for the forest. The site I am looking at has a lot of traffic and only about 20 NATs. 

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hi @mccoyb ,

Good point.  The filters are very useful.  Check this one out:

user@ngfw(active)> show session all filter nat 
  both          Both source and destination NAT
  destination   Destination NAT
  none          No NAT
  source        Source NAT

You can limit the sessions to only source NAT, destination NAT, or both.  You could also add columns and filter in the GUI.

Thanks,

Tom

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

L1 Bithead

That helps greatly Tom. Thanks for the help

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!