Palo Downgrade from 10 to 9.0.16-h2

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Palo Downgrade from 10 to 9.0.16-h2

L1 Bithead

Hi Team,

I need to downgrade the Pan os from 10.1 to Palo Downgrade from 10 to 9.0.16-h2. Please let us know how to do. Its very urgent request. Any one please assist me.

1 REPLY 1

L3 Networker

Hello,

This is quite a complex ask for a forum, but here's what I can tell you.

Firstly, when downgrading from 10.1 to 9.0, you are hitting 2 PAN-OS releases which are end of life and end of support. Those versions are 10.0 and 9.0. If something goes wrong when you reach either of those versions, it may be difficult for Support to help you, and you may simply be asked to factory reset and upgrade back to a supported release.

While I don't know your reasons for doing this, I can't recommend this course of action. If you must downgrade, I would advise getting to 9.1 and no lower.

So about the actual downgrades.

1) I believe you would need to downgrade step by step, 1 release at a time. 10.1 -> 10.0 -> 9.1 -> 9.0.

2) Usually when downgrading, you should select a config which was saved on the version you are downgrading to. It's unlikely your config can be used for the downgrades. If you don't or can't do this, you will very likely see autocommit failures and have to manually delete some things from the config on most downgrades.

3) There are a lot of things to consider when downgrading due to different functionality, especially if you've actually been using 10.1:

Upgrade/Downgrade Considerations (paloaltonetworks.com) (10.1 -> 10.0)

Upgrade/Downgrade Considerations (paloaltonetworks.com) (10.0 -> 9.1)

Upgrade/Downgrade Considerations (paloaltonetworks.com) (9.1 -> 9.0)

Regards,

- DM

Sr. Technical Support Engineer, Strata
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!