Unable to create a support account

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Unable to create a support account

L0 Member

I want to register one new PA-220 firewall.  I need to create one Palo Alto support account, however, I failed to create it.

1. I input my email address

2. All contact information

3. Serial Number of the PA-220 firewall

4. Order Number.  I purchased it on eBay, I input the Order Number on the Invoice from the seller.

After I submitted the application, the web page simply says encountered error and please contact support.

I called Palo Alto support, to my surprise, Palo Also support told me I have to open a support case.  However, before I have a support account, I can NOT open a support case at all. It is a dead lock.  Very frustrated.

Can anyone shed some light on similar case?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello @Vincent.Cai ,

Here is the form to request login assistance to the CSP.  https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/services/support/login-assistance

Since you purchased the NGFW on eBay, it most likely is secondary market -> https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/services/support/support-policies/secondary-market-policy.  Once you fill out the form above, hopefully they can guide you down the right path.

Thanks,

Tom

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

L0 Member

Hello @Vincent.Cai, in addition to the good tips my friend @TomYoung gave, I have another observation. I had tried to create a while ago with my non-corporate email and failed. I can only do it when I created the account with the company's email domain. Example vincent@companydomainname.com.

Enthusiast who loves studying and researching Cybersecurity.
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!