URL Category - Custom URL Category Import not working.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

URL Category - Custom URL Category Import not working.

L0 Member

When I try to import URL's per text file, Uploading runs forever and never completes. 

Has anyone else had this issue. 

We are on version10.2.2.H2.

Please note you are posting a public message where community members and experts can provide assistance. Sharing private information such as serial numbers or company information is not recommended.

Please note you are posting a public message where community members and experts can provide assistance. Sharing private information such as serial numbers or company information is not recommended.
13 REPLIES 13

L1 Bithead

I also have this same problem and I came here to post the same thing.  For me it seems to have started after upgrading to 10.2.2 about a month ago and I've been entering URLs 1 by 1 since.  I have tried multiple computers and 3 different browsers, cleaning cache, etc., and even restarted the management plane with no luck.  I upgraded to 10.2.2-h2 last week rebooted the firewall hoping the reboot would do it but it did not.  Hopefully someone has a solution.

L0 Member

Same here.  Any resolution yet?

No resolution here yet.  It's very frustrating when I need to add a list of URLs since I have to do one at a time.  Anyone else have a resolution yet?

L2 Linker

Upgrade to 10.2.3 does not help.

L2 Linker

Hi, you can use "set profiles custom-url-category testlist list *.google.com" in configure mode to add multiple entries from cli as a workaround.

L2 Linker

Great, it worked to do it from the cli. Thanks.

L1 Bithead

I am also facing the same issue on PANOS 10.2.2-h2. 

Except CLI, no other solution at this moment?

L0 Member

I had the exact same issues.

Just finished installing 10.2.3, now I can import URL-Lists from text files again.

FYI: If you use dlp plugin, it needs to be at least version 3.0.2 for the update. It was not offered to me, so I removed the plugin. After that, the update went fine. After update, I was able to install dlp 3.0.2

Great!  Thank you for the information!  I will update to 10.2.3 ASAP.

UPDATE:  I have updated to 10.2.3 and can confirm that URL Category Importing works again.  Thank you again, Smolli!

Thank you again, Smolli.  I have updated to 10.2.3 and can confirm that importing works again.  Thanks!

L0 Member

I have run into this a few times lately on different firewalls, and this time decided to try fiddling with the file a bit, tried a few things and it worked. Sorry I don't have time right now to figure out for sure which thing did the trick, but this is the list of things did:

- Added a couple of blank lines to the end of the file. Figured maybe it was looking for a blank line to indicated the end of the file?

- Converted the line endings from Windows to Linux

- Change the encoding from UTF-8 to ANSI

Will post an update if I get a change to play with this and figure out for sure what did it.

Thanks

L0 Member

Same issue but running PanOs 11.0.0 which was released after 10.2.3 but unfortunately the problem still resides in 11.0.0

To be me 'or' not to be me
That sure is a hell of a Question

L0 Member

I had this issue on 10.2.8.

It think this has to do with formatting, not versjon.

I saved a csv file form excel. Tried to import but got invalid character.

Turns out this ha MS carriage return. So changed to unix LF. Now it just hangs forever.

What worked was adding 2 URLs manually, export that file and open it in notepad++

Add you URL`s to that file from file not working and it should import it successfully.

• 13 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!