Cancel/undo/revert/delete some Local-overrides that were generated directly in the firewall

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Cancel/undo/revert/delete some Local-overrides that were generated directly in the firewall

L4 Transporter

Hello good evening, again here bothering and looking for your collaboration for some questions about Panorama.

I have the following doubt, I understand that Local Override is not the best practice and should be used only in particular cases.

I have the following question:

It is possible to simply override "some Local Overrides", I mean local overrides directly in the firewalls, Example log in directly to the Firewall or through context switching and only override "some" not all, override or reverse some "local overrides" let's say partially only some parameters, so that only in those overrides of the local overrides, take the configurations again, from Panorama.

Is it possible, let's say simply, to log into a firewall, which already has several Override-Locales in some configs, and directly revert and/or cancel those Override locales, in short, remove the local-override from some configs and leave them to be injected from Panorama, not local.

Thanks for the collaboration, help and support, I remain attentive, best regards.

High Sticker
2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Thank you for the post @Metgatz

if I interpreted your question correctly, then enforcing Template configuration or in reverting to local configuration is fairly easy.

Every time, you see solid green gear, the configuration is coming from Template. If you want to revert it to local configuration, you click on the gear icon and icon changes to orange overlay green gear icon. This indicates that configuration is local. After you commit it, it is using local configuration. The same logic applies if you want to enforce Template over local configuration. You can do this one by one for almost all configurations under Network and Device.

Here is the KB explaining meaning of gear icons: 

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000PMj1CAG

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

Brilliant, PavelK at the rescus once again ! 

I've been doing a lot of deployments using template/template-stack roll-outs and was stuck on an old previously deployed FW that was not applying the template set parameter setting. Local setting was overriding and this KB saved me 🙂

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!