Max log retention days

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Max log retention days

L1 Bithead

Hi There, Good day.

I was looking at the Panorama configuration and found that the max retention days (expiration period) can be up to 2000 days. Initially, I thought it would be in the range of up to 90 days. Since it provides a range till 2000days, I have a requirement to store up to 1100 days (3 years). Assuming the log collectors are provisioned to have enough storage capacity. Is this workable? Thank you in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello @darrenchew

this is workable. The default settings in Panorama for Max Days is blank which means log never expires. When Panorama reaches the storage quota for a log type, it automatically deletes older logs of that type to create space even if you don’t set the expiration period. If you have enough Log Collectors to store logs and properly allocated quota per log type, you will be able to achieve desired retention period.

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

L1 Bithead

Thank you very much for the sharing Pavel.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!