Panorama Commit issue 10.1.4-H4 after upgrade from 10.1.3

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Community Expert Verified
Community Expert Verified

Panorama Commit issue 10.1.4-H4 after upgrade from 10.1.3

L4 Transporter

Hi guys,

I have a Panorama- 10.1.4-H4 (upgraded from 10.1.3) on AWS and two other firewalls both at 10.0.9 on AWS.

After upgrading, Panorama, I cannot just commit. Throws an error saying  plugins unexpected here (for schema verification failed-reverted the config and when trying to commit after that gives the plugin error)

paragkarki143_0-1650938630275.png

I see below difference in the candidate and running configs when validating (after reverting the config):

paragkarki143_1-1650938630280.png

paragkarki143_2-1650938630293.png

paragkarki143_3-1650938630268.png

paragkarki143_4-1650938630278.png

I do not see any bugs or any one else facing similar issue.

It looks like a corrupt candidate configuration. But I am afraid if I force commit/force commit it will affect the prod environment specially as it says in the validation process the plugins will be deleted.

Plugin for Panorama: 3.0.2

Plugin for Firewalls: 2.14

@

@ 

@reaper 

Many Thanks,

PrasKtmBoy
1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L4 Transporter

Loading running-config and Force Committing just resolved the issue

PrasKtmBoy

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

L4 Transporter

Hi Guys, 
Any chances you might be knowing the ans?
@BPry 
@SCantwell_IM 

PrasKtmBoy

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Howdy

I would think that if your company is not using plugins (please confirm) that you could delete the plugin(s) that are causing your issue.

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions

Hey @SCantwell_IM,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, the deployment is in AWS and the plugins are required. What may be the effect if I force commit (As I really think it's a case of a corrupt xml conf file  )? 

PrasKtmBoy

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

If you try a commit force and the running config is corrupted, you will still probably get an error and the commit will not be successful.

If you want, export your configuration off, and password protect it.  Attach to this thread and then PM directly with the password, then I will download it and try on my Panorama and see if I can figure it out. 😛  Always glad to assist the Community.

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions

L4 Transporter

Loading running-config and Force Committing just resolved the issue

PrasKtmBoy

L0 Member

Hi guys, happens the same to me on azure.

I tried to revert configuration but not work, could you help me?

Hi guys,

I just solved by myself the problem.
I mistake to not upgrading the vm_series plugin from 2.0.x to 2.1.x before upgrading the PAN-OS.

So I roolback the panorama to 10.0.11, upgraded the plugin, made a commit, and push the configuration

If the commit doesn't appear, change something, like a description somewhere, and after proceed to commit and push the configuration on the  the vm (my case azure one).

For index research my error where

devices -> localhost.localdomain -> template -> azr-ext -> config -> devices -> localhost.localdomain -> deviceconfig -> plugins unexpected here
devices -> localhost.localdomain -> template -> azr-ext -> config -> devices -> localhost.localdomain -> deviceconfig is invalid
devices -> localhost.localdomain -> template-stack -> azr_stack -> config -> devices -> localhost.localdomain -> deviceconfig -> plugins unexpected here
devices -> localhost.localdomain -> template-stack -> azr_stack -> config -> devices -> localhost.localdomain -> deviceconfig is invalid

For both versione xml use the same schema, so I don't know why it says it's unexpected, btw I solved updating before the plugin.

mauri_fortu_0-1658846387231.png

Hi @Pras ,

Good day! I am very sorry for this question as I am a newbie on Panorama.

I was just curious on what do you mean to load the running config and force committing. Is it on CLI or GUI? May I ask how? 

Regards,

Renz

L4 Transporter

Hey @renzanjo11 ,

I meat loading the saved configuration (GUI) and using the command " Commit Force " from the CLI

Pras_0-1692141886549.png

p.s: works for Panorama and the FW both.

PrasKtmBoy

L1 Bithead

This is likely caused by an incompatible vm_series plugins version on Panorama.

I had to upgrade my plugins version to  from 2.0.x to 2.1.13 to resolve this.

See vm series plugins compatibility matrix for references https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/compatibility-matrix/vm-series-firewalls/vm-series-plugin-compatib...

L4 Transporter

@buzor.okoye That's exactly that had happened. After the plugin update the issue got resolved. Thanks a lot for your feedback.

PS sorry for the delayed response as I was away for a while.

PrasKtmBoy
  • 1 accepted solution
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!