Panorama Hard Disk Serial Number

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Community Expert Verified
Community Expert Verified

Panorama Hard Disk Serial Number

L1 Bithead

Hi, can I know how to get the hard disk serial number from panorama using cli?

I tried the command "show system raid detail" but it only show model number of hard disk. 

There is also no such command "debug system disk-smart-info <specify disk>" in panorama.

Any idea on which other command I can use?

6 REPLIES 6

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@grace123 

I also tried few commands it does not show serial number.

Then I tried below command here is output 

show system state | match drive
sys.raid.s0.ld1.drives: { '0': { 'desc': Palo Alto Networks M-200 disk, 'model': ST8000NM0055-1RM, 'name': A1, 'rev': unknown, 'serial': unknown, 'size': 7630885, 'status': active sync, 'vendor': unknown, }, '1': { 'desc': Palo Alto Networks M-200 disk, 'model': ST8000NM0055-1RM, 'name': A2, 'rev': unknown, 'serial': unknown, 'size': 7630885, 'status': active sync, 'vendor': unknown, }, }
sys.raid.s0.ld2.drives: { '0': { 'desc': Palo Alto Networks M-200 disk, 'model': ST8000NM0055-1RM, 'name': B1, 'rev': unknown, 'serial': unknown, 'size': 7630885, 'status': active sync, 'vendor': unknown, }, '1': { 'desc': Palo Alto Networks M-200 disk, 'model': ST8000NM0055-1RM, 'name': B2, 'rev': unknown, 'serial': unknown, 'size': 7630885, 'status': active sync, 'vendor': unknown, }, }
peer.sys.raid.s0.ld1.drives: { '0': { 'desc': Palo Alto Networks M-200 disk, 'model': ST8000NM0055-1RM, 'name': A1, 'rev': unknown, 'serial': unknown, 'size': 7630885, 'status': active sync, 'vendor': unknown, }, '1': { 'desc': Palo Alto Networks M-200 disk, 'model': ST8000NM0055-1RM, 'name': A2, 'rev': unknown, 'serial': unknown, 'size': 7630885, 'status': active sync, 'vendor': unknown, }, }
peer.sys.raid.s0.ld2.drives: { '0': { 'desc': Palo Alto Networks M-200 disk, 'model': ST8000NM0055-1RM, 'name': B1, 'rev': unknown, 'serial': unknown, 'size': 7630885, 'status': active sync, 'vendor': unknown, }, '1': { 'desc': Palo Alto Networks M-200 disk, 'model': ST8000NM0055-1RM, 'name': B2, 'rev': unknown, 'serial': unknown, 'size': 7630885, 'status': active sync, 'vendor': unknown, }, }

Above command does not show serial number for some reason.

Seems only way to know serial number is from root unless someone knows if there is any other command? 

Regards

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

L7 Applicator

I am also not aware of a command to show the serial. But the question to me mainly is, for what would you need the serial number of the harddrive?

L1 Bithead

Actually the serial number is for audit purposes 

@grace123 

If you really need Serial number for Audit purposes then open up Tac case and they can provide you that info via Root

access of the Panorama.

Regards

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

L1 Bithead

I ask the tech support but they told me the only solution is to take out the hard disk and find the serial number. 

I am able to find the serial number on palo alto firewall but not sure why it does not have this command "debug system disk-smart-info <specify disk>" on panorama.

Anyone have any idea?

Hi @grace123 

If you already talked to support and they were not able to provide you a command to read the serial, then there probably really isn't one available. The answer about the 'why' only the developers can answer ...

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!