Panorama PanOS 10.2.2-h2 relogin "Session has expired..." issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Panorama PanOS 10.2.2-h2 relogin "Session has expired..." issue

L1 Bithead

We have an issue with the login page of panorama. When we get kicked out of panorama due to a timeout, logging in again doesn't work and we get redirected to the following page. This happens in different browsers (Edge, Chrome, Safari).

mattlede_0-1662732344096.png

10 REPLIES 10

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello @mattlede

this is an known issue: PAN-188956, however this was already resolved in the version you are running. Have you tried any of the workaround mentioned under this bug ID? https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/pan-os/10-2/pan-os-release-notes/pan-os-10-2-0-known-and-addressed...

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

Hi Pavel

Thank You for the workaround. I stumbled across this workaround in the last version but the issue does still persist in the newest version of panorama. Sometimes users are getting loged out from timeout and when they try to log in again, this issue appears again. Yes creating a new session with a different browser or changing to incognito mode does help but the issue occures again after some time. Too often to have a good user experience.

It looks like this issue still persists in the newest version of panorama.

Kind Regards

Matthias

L0 Member

I am seeing this issue also. I did not initially have any problems with 10.2.2-h2 but started having them again yesterday.

L1 Bithead

We've updated to Panorama 10.2.3 and the issue still occurs on several Browsers.

L2 Linker

Im at the edge of losing my job !! cant login pano !!!

Another thing is, i get this type login page. 

Ariq_Aziz_0-1672528101019.png

I usually get the Yellow/Orange page with the login option at the center. but now this one appears at the top left. 
the way around mentioned in the document didnt  work for me. Is there anything else we can do to resolve it ??

The last resort is TAC but i would like to resolve it from the community. 

L0 Member

This issue is still present in PAN-OS 10.2.3-h2.

An addressed issue in PAN-OS 10.1.7 (PAN-186658 "Fixed an issue where Panorama console session were not cleared on the firewall after the idle-timeout value expired") has been fixing exactly this issue, but for PAN-OS 10.2.X it has not been listed in any release notes yet (not even in latest PAN-OS 10.2.3-h4).

Does somebody have confirmation that this might still be on the roadmap for PAN-OS 10.2.4?

L2 Linker

Fixed the issue. the PAN OS 10.2.3 has some bug issue . The Disk utilization gets full like 90%. we had to open a case and the TAC engineer cleared some root space specially deleting the mongo db. Also Enabled the command aggressive cleaning. 
its good now. 

The bug fix os 10.2.4 will be released soon. 

I am also facing same issue while having PAN OS - 10.2.4-h3. The mentioned process has been followed but unable to resolve the issue. Is there anything else which I can do to sort this out.

ZuberKhan_0-1706012674713.png

ZuberKhan_1-1706012703359.png

L1 Bithead

My panorama is running on 11.1.1 and have the same issue. And after hitting this issue it does not allow even cli access.

as someone mentioned above, I was in policies before it timed out.

L1 Bithead

Update on the above, CLI was restored by itself in a couple of minutes. 

• 10 replies
  • 2 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!