Panorama upgrade fail with: error: rpmdb: BDB0178 Encrypted database: no encryption flag specified

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Panorama upgrade fail with: error: rpmdb: BDB0178 Encrypted database: no encryption flag specified

I am working to upgrade my Panorama from 8.1.14 to 10.0.6. I have to do stepped upgrades and my first upgrade is from 8.1.14 to 8.1.19. When I click the install button for the upgrade to 8.1.19. I get the following error immediately.

error: rpmdb: BDB0178 Encrypted database: no encryption flag specified

I have opened a TAC case but thought I would mentioned this here as well.  I have searched this error and can find nothing about it!  I get this error when attempting to install any dynamic updates to Panorama as well.  I have rebooted the Panorama and also attempted a reinstall of the 81.1.14 software but it gives the same error.

Anyone have any ideas?  Once I figure it out I will post the fix.

0 REPLIES 0
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!